Thank you for your support!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Helen's Deli Customers since 1974 - 50 James Street - Excellent Food

Helen's Deli Customers since 1974 - 50 James Street - Excellent Food

I met these lovely people while I was out taking photos for my travel blogs and tourism - music - entertainment youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/igcentertainmentca

We were talking about all the people that have retired over the years.  Places were we used to eat.  There was the Sunset Restaurant on St Paul Street which is now some sort of Chinese Restaurant - American Food.  Then there was the Delta Restaurant on Queenston Street beside the Bingo Hall and Pete's Pizza. They closed down after the city's construction blitz in that area killed many businesses.

I hate to say it but the reconstruction of St Paul Street and surrounding areas killed a lot of old businesses, either that or they just decided it was time to retire and left without a goodbye.

The Delta used to make the best malt milkshakes.  They were there for over 40 years.  My parents went on a date there back in the early 60s.  They brought me in there as a babe and the lady thought I was a little doll... a toy because I was so small and pink. lol

They had these cool juke box machines.  You'd put a quarter in and play some oldies but goodies tunes.  I miss that place.  I used to go there as an adult and write.  I had my first job around the corner at the Real Estate Advertiser when I was only 20 years old.

I did proof reading for Real Estate adds.  Joann was the boss and she used to complain that I thought I was Miss America because I dressed like a Fashion Model - Diva.  I couldn't help it.  I was living at home and my mother liked to dress like a Hollywood Movie Star.  She did the same for me.

Now I dress like a bum - a beach bum. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment